Intelligent Machines and Maintenance Projects supporting different industries, including:
Oil and Gas, Aerospace- Automotive- Marine-Industry Machinery, Renewable
We have invested heavily in our facilities and will shortly be opening our brand new Engineering Innovation Centre at the heart of our Preston Campus.
- Intelligent Machinery Components; Gears/ Bearings
- Machinery PHM using Vibration Analysis, AE, ODA.
- Development of Active Gearbox
- CM of Oil and Gas Drill Bits – Top Drive Gearbox –
- CM of Automotive Final Drives
- SHM of Oil and Gas Pipelines
- Wind Turbine SHM
- Emissions Monitoring at Oil and Gas Sites
- Cranes Monitoring System
- Solar Panels Advanced Management Systems
- Industry 4 Projects
PhD Research Projects (2016-2018):
- Intelligent Health Management of Wind Turbine
- Active Transmission
- Intelligent Bearing
- Intelligent Management of Driverless Vehicle
- Driverless Pod
PhD Research Projects (2019):
- Development of a novel cooling system for ground-coupled solar photovoltaic applications for high-temperature climates.
- Experimental and CFD investigation of the heat transfer characteristics of AL2O3-water nanofluids in spirally corrugated helically coiled tubes using the multiphase method
- De-coating of metallic components using laser cleaning and its modelling
- Modelling of Direct laser deposition of metallic powders for industrial/medical applications
- Gyroscopically stabilised, scalable, low-cost cable driven additive manufacturing robot.
- Additive manufacturing and co-sintering of multi-material metal/ceramic parts.
- Development of an open source continuous fibre reinforced composite additive manufacturing system with the customisable feedstock.
- Multiscale additive manufacturing using melt-electro-writing.
- Intelligent Belt using IN4.0
- Intelligent Prediction of Machine Life using IoT
- Development of a tribotronic tilting pad bearing
- Development of a tribotronic face seal system
- Development of a lubrication control system for internal combustion engines
- Intelligent Bearing using IN4.0
- Intelligent Gearbox using IN4.0
- Use of soft actuation for exoskeleton applications
- Soft actuator systems for prosthetic applications
Our facilities include:
- Intelligent Condition Monitoring ng Laboratory
- Intelligent Structural Health Monitoring Laboratory
- Sensors and Instrumentation Laboratory
- Mechatronics Laboratory
- Industry 4 Laboratory
Principal Lecturer, Academic Lead for Mechanical and Maintenance Engineering
School of Engineering
University of Central Lancashire, UK